We took the Fenway tour during our visit in 2006 but had to do it again. Our tour guy was about 80 years old and was an absolute hoot and a half. Seriously....he had me in tears! And he felt the need to hit on me multiple times. Geesh!



After the tour we took the T to the Prudential Building. While making our way to the Prudential building we walked by this library that had the most unique light fixtures. They look so gothic! This same style was on another building we walked by later that day. Can't remember which building though...
When we finally made it to the Prudential building, after missing the entrance and walking a lot more than we needed to (which happened quite frequently during our excursions), we went up to the observatory (52nd floor and the elevator was wicked fast). Now, the view is spectacular....$12 per person spectacular....not so much. That's right....we paid $24 to look out windows. And it was incredibly hot with the sun shining in. Needless to say...at this point in the day I was Mrs. Cranky Pants and hungry. Not a good combination!!



After the Prudential we jumped on the T and headed to Cambridge. I heard about a place called Alive and Kicking. I neglected to do any research about this place and just showed up. Um.....as we approached the place I thought....is this it?
When we got to the building we were greeted by a guy sitting at a table outside the door. He probably thought we were lost but in my scared voice said "we are here for lunch?" He said .....well we only have a lobster sandwhich. Well then, we will take two.
Turns out this is a fish market and they only serve a lobster sandwich.
There were a couple of picnic tables to the right of the building (and a single soul there) so we took a seat and waited for our lunch to arrive. For $13.00 you get a lobster sandwich and Cape Cod chips. It was a dang good sandwich!!!!
I can't say that I would go out of my way to go back next time we are in Boston....but it was an experience to say the least.
This is a Harvard tree.

Two of my friends suggested Summer Shack. Well, during our little adventure to the Prudential building look what we stumbled across! The Summer Shack! Since they were only open for dinner we made reservations for that evening.
We started with Rhode Island Calamari. We do not have R.I. style calamari in Florida and we need to. It was delish! Good thing I bought the Summer Shack cookbook which includes this recipe, because I am going to make it the first chance I get.
We devoured this appetizer!
We devoured this appetizer!


2 comments:
I could have told you that Sweet was Sucky.
The cupcake that I had might have had shortening frosting instead of heavenly buttercream!!
I'm glad Summer Shack was good. Sounds like a fun day.
You sure have eaten a lot of lobster so far on this trip.
BTW I'm a born and bred Bostonian and I don't say "monstah"!!!!
BTW that building is THE Boston Public Library. There is a wing on the opposite end designed by Graham Gund. It's super modern, and in my opinion, very ugly compared to the end with the gorgeous light fixtures and sculptures.
Post a Comment