It was an amazing trip. We were able to do so much and took in as much of the city as we could. I would move to Boston in a heartbeat if I could!!!
Unfortunately, the weather was not as I had hoped. I wanted COLD weather and the first day felt like a Florida day. It was the pits! But it slowly cooled off during our stay....but not as cold as I would have liked! I was seriously hoping for snow (like the weekend before we got there).
We got to Boston on Wednesday and took a cab to the Omni Parker House. We could not have been in a better location. It was centrally located to almost everything and we were able to walk a majority of the trip.
Now, this trip revolved around food! One of my blogger friends, Laura, provided a multitude of suggestions as well as some other friends of mine. The first place we went to from the recommendations was Chacarero which serve Chilean cuisine.
The sandwich was very tasty! This is my sandwich without the green beans. If you know me at all...you know the one food that I despise the most is the green bean. What can be better than juicy chicken, guacamole, tomato, and munster cheese on delicious bread???
After walking a couple of blocks we ended up at the Harbor and decided to take a boat tour. It was a beautiful day and thought it would be great to be out on the water. (note: not a cloud in the sky....)

Clouds slowly started forming.....

After the boat tour we made our way back to the hotel to freshen up and head out to the Bruins game. Now, I have only seen hockey in Florida, which let's be honest here....it is pretty pathetic.
The Bruins game was a blast and the energy from the fans made it that much better. Our seats could have not been better....center ice!


It was a close game, but the Bruins won!!!
We stopped by the hotel before going out again and so glad we did. As we got off the elevator we heard a someone knocking and saying "room service". Thinking nothing of it, we rounded the corner and that someone was knocking on our door! Our dearest friends Emily & Erik sent us this lovely anniversary gift!! 
We ended the evening at Cheers. Yes, this is a complete tourist trap, but we enjoy it. During our first trip in 2006 we ended every night at Cheers, so we decided to do the same this trip. The bartenders are extra nice and chatting and they don't treat you like a tourist. 

If you look up while sitting at the bar, you will see an array of business cards....so I made my mark! Can you spot the UNF business card??
Oh yeah....on the way to Cheers we passed a theatre where Lenny Kravitz was playing that night. During our walk back to the hotel we saw what looked like a tour bus so I peeked in from the front and guess who was in it??? Lenny Kravitz!!! After gawking and ready to pull out the camera, the driver turned off the interior lights...which was our queue to keep walking!!!! Celebrity sighting # 1!!
Stay tuned for Day 2!!


2 comments:
Yay!! So glad you got to have a Chacarero, although you really missed out on the green beans.
I used to wait in line at least twice a week for one of those. My fave was the spicy with extra avocado and extra salt.
I've never been to Cheers, but used to wait for the dog bus right out front. Yes, my dog took the bus to doggy daycare. It was a hoot.
I love Boston. I read all the posts but I'm commenting on this one especially because I'm the same ... though I know Cheers is just for the tourists I go anyway! Plus, I have that mug at home ... I totally bought it! I didn't put my business card up there though!
Post a Comment