Monday, November 9, 2009

A Baby Shower

This past weekend I co-hosted a baby shower at my house for my dearest friend Vicky who is expecting a boy.

I'm all about simple when it comes to entertaining....especially baby showers. There is no need to go over board with all the decorations and crepe paper. A few balloons, simple decorations and fresh flowers is all you need!

I neglected to take a picture of the food once it was all set up, but Vicky's mom was gracious enough to have the event catered from Secret Garden. We enjoyed assorted sandwiches, pasta salad, field green salad with assorted dressings and sweet potato chips (which are amazing!!).

The cake was designed to match the invitation that my friend Julie created and I think The Cake Shop did an amazing job replicating the invitation.

(almost final version of the invite.)

Seriously...how cute is this cake???? And it tasted as good as it looked, including the lemon filling!

I made cookies and wasn't too pleased with the polka dots. For some reason the brown bled....which has not happened to me in a very long time! But I love the addition of the heart on the stroller.

I was very excited about the beverage station! :) I served lemonade with sliced lemon and water with sliced lime...simple!

And here is the mom-to-be!! Don't you love the cute clothesline with onesies and socks in the background??? I got this idea from the last shower I attended and it was an absolute hit at this shower! You can steal the idea....I won't mind :)

1 comment:

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Very, very cute! I do love that onesie garland idea!

Your cookies are so sweet! Love the strollers!