Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dog Themed Cookies

This week I fulfilled an order for dog themed cookies. These cookies were so much fun to decorate.

I encountered yet another icing issue this go around. Thankfully the icing set up this time, but the black icing crumbled when it dried. What could have caused this?? Thankfully I was able to package them gently enough to keep the icing in tact.

I decided to personalize a couple of the bones too. How cute are these??

I was impressed with my writing.....which is my least favorite thing to do (because I am not good at it!). But, I am seeing minor improvements.
And Jeff got a shot of me in action.

6 comments:

Bea said...

Hi, Melissa! Love your Dog Bone COOKIES... and I find your writing really good!!
I had the same problem with my icing, and what worked for me is that I no longer mix it for more than 2 minutes... that keeps air bubbles to a min., the consistency is more like toothpaste... love that it is smooth and shiny...

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Love the "action shot" of you in your apron! ;)

BevB said...

These are just too cool. You KNOW what a sucker I am for dog cookies, particularly the ones I can eat. Tired of tasting Gracie's. ptui! LOve the action in the kitchen pic too.

cookies and cups said...

I love the little doghouse! How precious!

Christine said...

These are sooo cute! I love the doghouse cookies. =)

Anonymous said...

I had that problem with black a few years ago.
Here's what COULD be the problem:
Over beaten icing
Too much food coloring
humidity.
My advice, don't leave the icing beating to go watch tv (what I did once). Use just enough icing, it will darken up a bit as it sits. Black is tough though. And get that heat gun I told you about and blow dry the cookies.
I love the dog cookies, can't believe you stand to ice your cookies. (I could never)
good luck!!