This month's theme is lemon or lime which gave me the perfect opportunity to make a recipe I have been eyeing for quite some time. I actually pulled the recipe out of the February 2008 Southern Living Magazine.
The recipe is for a Lemon Velvet Tart and a picture of what it is suppose to look like.
Mine is close but I could not find Lemonheads anywhere.....so no decorative topping. I even bought a candy thermometer for the job too. Oh well..... This recipe was rather tricky because I have never made lemon curd. I followed the recipe to a T and the consistency did not match the recipe description. However, after setting up in the fridge for three hours, the consistency was just right.
Adding the curd to the cream cheese and melted white chocolate concoction.
Thankfully the package comes with two pie crust because the first crust went right in the trash after baking because it formed a huge bubble and was no good. Pricking did not help that crust apparently.
Second try was a success...


10 comments:
Lemon curd WITH cream cheese and white chocolate?!? Oh my, Melissa! That sounds heavenly! I'm almost afraid to make it because of the damage it will do to my thighs! ;)
Looks great. I'm drinking my coffee now wishing for a slice of your tart.
Oh my gosh, this looks amazing. I love the addition of white chocolate! Yum!
Looks and sounds amazing!!
Glad the curd set up.
Throw the word "velvet" into any recipe title and I instantly want to make it. Adding cream cheese and white chocolate definitely doesn't hurt either :) Great job with the tart!
Wow that looks so good and creamy! Great job!
yum yum yum! Lemon curd is the BEST! So light, and makes you not feel so guilty!
Happy Baking,
Mini Baker
PS. Love your blog, one of my new favorites!
This pie looks so decadent - and it is, judging by the ingredients! What brilliant combinations go into this gorgeously thick pie :)
That looks just dreamy! Lemon is my favorite flavor for desserts, this month is just going to KILL me! Beautiful tart!
This looks so yummy and picture perfect crust in the tart pan!
Post a Comment