Sunday, August 30, 2009

In The Kitchen Sundays

As usual, I spent Sunday in the kitchen making a variety of things - prepping for Flavor of the Month, French Onion Soup for lunch and Grilled Chicken and Rice for dinner.

I am on a French Onion soup kick and have been ordering it out a lot lately. My coworker shared the Martha Stewart recipe she uses, so I decided to give it a shot.

Recipe:
4 tablespoons butter
2 pounds yellow onions, slicked in 1/4 inch half circles
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup dry sherry
6 cups beef stock (*the link above notes 3 cups...)
2/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 small French Baguette
8 ounces cheese (Gruyere, Mozzarella, Mont Jack or Parm)




The soup turned out really good. The next time, though, I will cut back the thyme from 3/4 teaspon to maybe 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. I thought the thyme took over...
And for dinner we grilled chicken marinated in Mojo sauce with Spanish rice.

No comments: