Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally....Some Cookies

For Administrative Professionals day, I decided to make favors for the annual APD luncheon at work. Why I chose this design is beyond me. The daisy is so time consuming to decorate in my opinion. My goal was to have three daisies per bag. I baked enough cookies, but when it came time to decorate, the icing would not cooperate and I remembered what a pain in the butt it was to decorate a daisy.....so I ended up with one cookie per bag....and the rest of the cookies went in the trash.

I experimented with lemon extract again and think I figured out the correct measurements for both dough and icing.

Super cute favor bags...

Last week I worked on an order for 6 dozen graduation cookies. These are some of my favorite cookies to decorate!!!!!

Two dozen caps, two dozen diplomas.


All the diplomas were personalized with UNF.


And two dozen Ospreys.

Here are some step-by-step shots of the cap and diploma.

Stay tuned....next up....tulips for Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Pulp Revolution said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Looking good! Glad to see you back on the cookie baking circuit!!

BevB said...

Lucky APD folks! They look great and I know from experience how tasty your cookies are.
Ive been wondering how Elliot's doing. Well, I hope.

Kate said...

I love all of these graduation cookies. What a fun treat for a new graduate.

Anonymous said...

Dear Melissa,

Blogmania is a bi-annual giveaway extravaganza like no other - created and proven to drive your daily traffic views and followers up by the hundreds while supporting handmade and other small businees in the process.

Our April event was extremely successful, with blogs reporting an AVERAGE 300% increase in followers and shops reported a collective 1000+ increase in "hearts" {those that were Etsy shops} and 100+ increase in sales directly related to Blogmania.

We have just a few slots left for September's event that we saved for invite only and a very creative and enthusiastic team in place to promote them.

Your blog has caught our eye, it is well designed and has a point of view not yet represented in Blogmania.


We would like to invite you to apply.

If interested:

Please email Lynda at btlblogs@LyndaCoker.com

and include your name, blog name and blog url.

All participating blogs must agree to host a giveaway on Sept 15+16 only with a total value of $100 or more.

Please specify if your giveaway will be US, US + CANADA, or INTERNATIONAL


Thanks for your time.


Hope you join us,

Gina Parker

head of Blogmania PR
co- host of Blogmania 2010