Monday, May 17, 2010

Bee & Hive

How cute are these cookies? My customer wanted bees for her daughter's 2nd birthday party. Since I didn't have a bigger bee, she asked if I could attach the bee to the hive. Sure...why not? I honestly wasn't sure if I could....but it's royal icing. It's dries hard as a rock.

So, I piped a little yellow icing on the back of the bee and voila.


The hives were so incredibly easy to decorate it wasn't even funny. Although the bee is small, it does take several steps.

First, pipe the head and body. Drop in the eyes, then the stripes and stinger.


Once that dries, pipe the wings and add sanding sugar for a little extra touch.

I am in the process of overhauling the photo galleries on my website .Unfortunately, I haven't updated in a very long time AND I have a new computer.....so I did the best I could. The galleries are not as pretty as they use to be so I think I may have missed a step. But the galleries will do until I can consult my "web designer". Additionally, I just managed to delete one of my albums resulting in "page not found". Crap! Julie, I need you!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was at this party! So cute and so yummy! I hid 2 in my diaper bag to take home!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

These are just darling! You know they were a hit if people are hiding them in their diaper bags! ;)

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Love the sugar on the wings.