Saturday, February 6, 2010

Finally....Some Sugar Cookies

It has been a while, but I finally have some sugar cookies to share. But before I do, I have to share this super nifty organizer I found around the holidays. I can store all my tips, couplers, clips, food coloring and odds and ends in this one organizer, rather than separate containers.

The order I worked on this week was for the beach collection, which is one of my favorites. Unfortunately it calls for 5 different colors which takes a while to prepare...especially just for 20 cookies.
Each color (except the blue) requires two pipping bags - one for outlining and one for flooding. Since I didn't need to outline in blue, I just had to prepare one bag. This is a shot after the cookies were decorated, hence two of the bags being empty!
As much as I adore the cold weather, decorating these cookies sure did put me in a beach mood!!!
Next time I make this collection I am going to try to drop some flowers in the bikini and surf shorts to change up the design. I meant to to do that this time, but the cookies sat too long and the icing already started to set up when I remembered I wanted to do that.
I usually have to get creative but all the cookies fit perfectly in the box.

This weekend I'll be making some baby themed cookies for a work shower....but haven't decided what shapes to use. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Bea said...

I love your organizer!... love your Bikini COOKIES... congrats on all the orders you'll be making, Melissa!!

Unknown said...

Those are too cute!