Since the new year I have had nothing really to blog about. I blame it on my new year's resolution to eat healthier and incorporate a little exercise in my life. There is nothing exciting to blog about when it comes to salads and pb&j sandwiches. But I couldn't take it anymore....I had to bake something. Especially since my friend, Daphne, sent me a wicked awesome cookbook called
Baked. I am literally considering making every recipe in this cookbook.
The first recipe to catch my eye was Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. My blog friend over at
A Dozen Eggs has made these before and they looked so delish. I even gave
whoopies a try at one point and they didn't turn out all that great. So, I gave it another shot, using Matt & Renato's recipe. Success!
Wet ingredients.
Dry ingredients.
Now, the recipe says it yields 12 whoopies. Either I did something drastically wrong or there is a typo because this recipe, which I followed to a T, yielded a lot more than 12 whoopies! I even used the correct size ice cream scooper so I can't figure it out...

I decided to use vanilla bean paste in the icing.

See all the specs of vanilla bean?

Overall, the whoopies turned out pretty good!!! Not exactly like the cookbook picture, but pretty close. And ten times better than my first attempt! Now, I have to take them to work tomorrow because I'm not eating them. :)
I will leave you with a few pictures of Elliot after her bath today. Yes, she is wearing a terry cloth robe! :)
5 comments:
I.O.U. a phone call;) Glad you're enjoying the book! My favorite is the root beer bundt cake recipe. Note, if you can't find root beer schnapp's at the liqour store ---- don't ever ask the spirits clerk for a substitue because he might tell you Brandy and that is NOT the same! Ha ha
Those whoopie pies ARE amazing...and yours look perfect! :) Happy New Year, Melissa!
Elliot does NOT look happy!
Cute but miserable! That's how Lily is when she gets a bath.
The whoopies look great this time!! I'm so done with pumpkin whoopie pies right now. We're on to chocolate and I'll be sick of those soon too, I'm sure.
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose dog wears a robe after a bath! And the pies look amazing
The whoopies look great but Elliot is cuter, cuter, cutest.
Post a Comment