Since I had all the ingredients on hand for the Chocolate Chip Cookies, I gave this recipe a try. Nothing overly exciting here.....it is what it is....a chocolate chip cookie. If you are a chocolate chip cookie snob (and I know they exist)....give this recipe a try and see what you think.
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened*
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 bag plus 2/3 cups)
*If you are a rebel like me, you will use salted butter....!!
Abbreviated instructions: In a large bowl, whisk first 3 ingredients together. In another bowl, beat butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Add half the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Scraping bowl throughout the entire process.
Using a spatula, fold in the choco chips.
Cover bowl tightly and put in the refrigerator for 6 hours. That's right 6 hours!!!! Eek! Since I didn't read the directions prior to starting this recipe I didn't have time to wait 6 hours. So, I gave it a couple of hours and the cookies turned out just fine....
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (if you see fit). I can do with or without parchment paper to be honest with you...
Scoop out 2 tablespoon size balls. Using hands shape into perfect balls. Place on baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake 12-14 minutes.
This recipe calls for A LOT of chips so be prepared to have a glass of milk with your cookies.
When I bake chocolate chip cookies they tend to go stale before I can eat them all. So, as the recipe recommends, I only baked a tray of cookies and I'm storing the remaining dough in the refrigerator and will bake off in small bathes to ensure fresh-from-the-oven cookies. The dough can be stored up to 5 days.
Enjoy!

1 comment:
Well, shoot. There goes the rest of my afternoon. I KNEW I should get up from this silly machine and go finish the laundry- but just had to push it a little longer & check in to see what you've been up to. NOW I'll get up from this silly machine and go start some of those cookies. Definetely will smell better than the laundry. Note to myself: wash elastic waist sweats so I'll have something to wear after eating all those CC cookies.
Post a Comment